Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My X3 problems, help appreciated

Edit: This is a 1.6b Crystal Xbox

Firstly, the xbox works fine without the mod connected. Power on with the eject or power button result in it booting to the MS dash.

My X3 problems are as follows:

1. Power on with the EJECT button results in a frag. (x2 reboot and red/green flashing). If you power on with the POWER button, it will boot to the MS dash with a RED light on the x3 panal.

2. If i slot in the DVD drive as it should be if i were to screw it in. The xbox will frag (x2 reboot and red/green flashing) with either power on method. Any pressure the DVD drive puts on the chip seems to affect it.

The panal on the front always reports RED (BIOS disabled) i never got it to boot to the X3 Flash Menu. Also the light on the mod its self is on.

Im interested in anyone who has seen this behaviour before and can tell me whether its likely to be bad soldering or a problem modchip. My soldering was pretty good, but im no expert. Also any idea on which solder point could be the problem would be helpful.

Thank you.
    Last edited by PhAtfiSh; 09-11-2004, 08:43 PM.

Hi Phatfish,

I think you may be suffering from the bent pin syndrome. I am assuming you did the pin header install.

The pressure of the drive may be disturbing the contact and as much of a pain as it will be to sort it, I would suggest that you check the level of the pins on the pin header. There is an explanation here ......

http://home.comcast.net/~x3guide/

If you stuck the (optional) foam rubber padding on the chip then I would remove it 'cos it's a tight fit physically!

Hope this helps.
    I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken

Comment

Thanks for the reply, ill check that out.

Could "bent pins" also be the reason for the other problems? Even with the dvd drive out, it frags with the eject button, and wont boot to the Flash Menu.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PhAtfiSh
        Thanks for the reply, ill check that out.

Could "bent pins" also be the reason for the other problems? Even with the dvd drive out, it frags with the eject button, and wont boot to the Flash Menu.

Thanks

I assumed that your soldering was sound but I would check your connections also.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken

Comment

Working...
        X