Frequent Disk Read Errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequent Disk Read Errors

My Xbox lately has been giving me frequent disk read errors. While playing Fable: The Lost Chapters, I get a green screen saying "There's a problem with the disc you're using. It may be dirty or damaged." I would normally would be a disc problem but it's happening with other games too. I'm guessing it's the eye that is the problem. I've tryed using a product called CD Laser Lense Cleaner by Clean Mates. Four or five times actually. It's basicly a CD with a small brush attatched that cleans and helps you with speaker tweaking. It did SQUAT. I'm really getting ticked off by this now. Does anyone know an inexpensive way to fix this?

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/xbox_dvd_repair.htm

Comment

Thanks, that fixed a TON of problems.

Comment

No probs, so you are now classed as a lens tweaking wizard..

Comment

I wonder if he'll sue you when it starts burning holes in his discs.

Comment

lmfao@chipito

Comment

Well... it WAS fixed for about a day and a half, now it's having the same problems again. I DON'T WANT TO SPEND MONEY. That and I left three screws out when I put it back together. :P

Comment

There is a chance that you may have converted your drive into a "LightScribe" version.

These are quite rare and you may get a good price for it on Ebay ;-)

Seriously though - you may be better just biting the bullet and replacing the drive.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken

Comment

When you tweaked the laser, did you use a multimeter and drop the resistance to 850 ohms, or did you just dive in with a screwdriver and twizzle the pot?

Comment

I have a shiny sixpence that says he's a pot-twizzler.

Comment

I honestly think you would be better off buying a new drive!

Red

Comment

Yeah, I was afraid I'd blow my hand off or something, so I mostly took it apart, cleaned the eye with a q-tip and glass cleaner and pushed it back as far as I could. Was that bad? ^_^'

Comment

Originally posted by GODKRY
                          Yeah, I was afraid I'd blow my hand off or something, so I mostly took it apart, cleaned the eye with a q-tip and glass cleaner and pushed it back as far as I could. Was that bad? ^_^'
                          Well that was not Tweaking the pot if thats what you mean..

Comment

Originally posted by rugrat
                            Well that was not Tweaking the pot if thats what you mean..
                            It was more like tipping the velvet ........

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken

Comment

Ya lost me....

Comment

Working...
                              X