This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disheartening

I'm not going to lie. It is very disheartening to come to a site that is set up to help people when they need it, and get nothing back. It is also disheartening to have who I assume is a mod chastise me for nothing. Lets do some quoting here.

[07-07-2006 01:00 AM] chipito: I believe it was Ghana and The Czech Republic that pulled down Americas pants and shafted them good and proper in the first round of the World Cup. heeheehee .......
    [09-07-2006 08:13 AM] abrocky: a painful hello to you all... one hit some fuel on a right turn and came off the bike
    [10-07-2006 01:10 AM] clogger: How is the bike Brocks?
    [10-07-2006 03:24 AM] abrocky: will post some pics in a bit... not good mate, think bout 3-600 damage, not sure yet
    [10-07-2006 03:24 AM] abrocky: ordered me a haynes, lol
    [10-07-2006 03:25 AM] abrocky: don't spam the forum ollz
    [10-07-2006 03:25 AM] abrocky: thanks!
    [11-07-2006 01:13 AM] clogger: Haynes are good... I got one for my Lada Riva ;-)
    [15-07-2006 01:22 AM] clogger: Happy daze ..
    [15-07-2006 03:43 AM] abrocky: good morning all
    [Yesterday 01:17 PM] the red pill: I bought me a 360 today i could resist it no more i got it home set it up and thought crap i didnt get any 360 games so im gonna have to play my old xbox 1 games till tomorrow
    [Yesterday 01:18 PM] the red pill: THATS WHY I AM ANGRY
    [Yesterday 02:09 PM] Bald Bouncer: Get Battlefield 2
    [Yesterday 07:51 PM] Zogbort: hi! anybody have a copy of the SD605B firmware?
    [Yesterday 07:51 PM] Zogbort: i am in dire need
    [Today 01:41 AM] clogger: Behave yourself Zogbort :-(

Out of all that, me asking for help when I couldn't get a response to a thread was misbehaving? Instead of telling me straight out that you can't give out files, I was given an enigmatic talking-to. Frustrating. And then posting reply after reply to myself and having people look but not bother to help me out when I needed it was equally as frustrating. I just got done having my samsung drive sit there and blink for a bit, show that there is power and having nothing happen, with the knowledge that someone here could have helped, but just didn't want to. So I am left with a drive with xbox firmware (which I finally found) with the contacts that were supposed to hold the wires and solder on popped off during the first attempt, and no front face plate. I am left with a useless drive that I couldn't get help with. In fact, the only reply (other than to behave) was a single link to the tutorial. Questions asked got no response. I am also aware after having read through many posts that since I 'dared' to post such a thread as this, I will probably get made fun of or chastised, or who knows, maybe this is misbehaving too.

Perhaps it might have helped if you read the forum rules at the top of every section before asking for something it would be illegal to supply.
    --------------------------
    12 Month Xbox Live, Xbox Gift Cards, Steam Keys, Cheap CD Keys, PlayStation Plus and PSN Topup Cards

Comment

Ok, well now I know that, and I didn't ask twice. I fail to see why I couldn't have been told that. No defence for the rest of it, just for me not knowing about the file rule. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Zogbort
        Ok, well now I know that, and I didn't ask twice. I fail to see why I couldn't have been told that. No defence for the rest of it, just for me not knowing about the file rule. Interesting.
        Being told to "behave yourself" is what we call a polite warning, which is preferable to the alternative. We are not here to read the rules for you - that's down to you, but I guess the "behave yourself" comment pointed you in the right direction after all.....

Apology accepted.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken

Comment

Working...
        X